Swisher ESP 6-Person Residential Capacity Safety Shelter
The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has undergone and passed testing at the National Wind Institute at Texas Tech University. The ESP Shelter has been tested and withstood a total of 9 impacts from 15 lb 2x4’s traveling at 100 mph. These impacts are equivalent to the force produced by an EF5 tornado with 250 mph winds.
In addition, it meets or exceeds all requirements put forth by NSSA, FEMA 320 and ICC-500 standards. ESP (Emergency – Security – Preparedness) Safety Shelters (ABOVE GROUND ONLY) offer the ultimate in multi-purpose protection and security for you and loved ones against violent acts of nature and multiple threats posed by man.
Impact Test Video
- Up to 6 Person Capacity.
- ESP Storm Shelter that will provide near-absolute protection from EF5 Tornado strikes.
- The ESP Shelter doubles as a “Panic Room” that will provide a high level of protection for you and your family against intruders.
- Versatile and strong enough to act as a vault that provides protection for your valuables and other personal belongings. It is not fire rated due to the design requirements to withstand severe storms.
- The entire shelter is made from 3/16” (0.188”) thick carbon steel, all hardware is Grade 5, and the majority of all surfaces are powder coated for ultimate in protection and appearance.
- The door design and the materials used each critical aspects of any safety/storm shelter. The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a sliding reinforced steel door that is unique to the market and eliminates all the problems commonly associated with inward or outward swinging doors.
- When opened, the sliding door takes up no additional space inside or outside of the shelter. Also, because the door does not open outward, the likelihood of being trapped by debris after an event is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- A very high-grade Security Grade Deadbolt is used to hold the latch bar into the locked position and to keep the door from being opened from the outside.
- Three steel pins securely lock the door closed within a 3” deep steel jamb pocket. The ESP’s design does not rely solely on deadbolts as the primary locking mechanism.
- The door on the Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a 4th locking pin that can only be installed and removed from the inside. Even if the security deadbolt is damaged from the outside, with this pin properly installed, the door will never open (unless the inhabitants removing this pin).
- A single handle operation locks all three pins into place in a single motion. There is never any need to waste precious time trying to lock three or four deadbolts to secure your door.
- The ESP Shelter does not rely solely on hinges to support and secure the door to the hinge jamb. When our door is in the closed position the entire hinge side (top to bottom) is locked into the adjacent front wall. No screws to pull out or pins that may break.
- Shielded air vents allow uninterrupted air flow.
- Quick release sliding door design allows opening when blocked by debris and reduces the space required for operation.
- Quick manipulating locking mechanism works in conjunction with a security grade latch/key lock.
- Emergency panels for rapid shelter exit with an emergency wrench included.
- Bolt together modular design for ease of construction and relocation.
- Benches, shelving, built-in gun racks and emergency type kits are available.
Safety Compliance Information
Each ESP Safety Shelter is verified to be in compliance with the National Storm Shelter Association Standards (NSSA). Each ESP Safety Shelter will meet or exceed all ***FEMA P320/P361 and ICC-500 Code requirements*** when all installation guidelines are met (step-by-step installation checklist is provided with each ESP Safety Shelter).
All Shelters have been designed by Registered Structural Engineers and have undergone a rigorous Third Party Review process. Made in the USA ESP Safety Shelters will withstand the most extreme tornado activity and offer a “safe zone” against home invasion offering critical minutes for emergency assistance to arrive.
Statement from FEMA P-320: “Having a safe room built for your home or small business can help provide “near-absolute protection” for you and your family or employees from injury or death caused by the dangerous forces of extreme winds.” Near Absolute Protection definition from FEMA P-361: Level of protection afforded to the occupants of a safe room built according to the guidance in the most current edition of FEMA P-361. Our current knowledge of tornadoes and hurricanes indicates that safe room occupants will have a very high probability of being protected from injury or death.
Extended Product Information:
- Ships within 6-12 business days
Why Buy From Rescue-Supply.com?
We know you have a choice for your rescue supply needs but we want to do all that we can do to earn your business. We not only want to earn it but we want to keep it as well! If you have any questions or concerns about any product on our store or the service we provide please don't hesitate to contact us today!
- Toll Free Customer Service Number: (800) 239-1797
- Email Order Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the Top 6 Reasons to Buy from Rescue-Supply.com:
100% SAFE & SECURE ONLINE SHOPPING:
Know that every transaction that takes place on our website is 100% secure. If you'd like to learn more, see our Online Security page.
FULLY INSURED SHIPMENTS:
Every shipment that leaves our warehouses is fully covered in case of a loss or damage. Please refer to the Shipping & Returns page to learn more about our policy.
WE ONLY SELL QUALITY PRODUCTS:
We understand what it can be like to purchase products online without actually seeing and touching the product itself. We want you to know that every manufacturers that we work with are hand chosen by our owners to ensure you receive a quality product. All items leaving our warehouse are quality checked twice before leaving our warehouses across the country to ensure you're 100% be happy with the product that arrives at your door.
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PRIORITY #1:
Your satisfaction is our highest priority 100% of the time. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service before and after the order and our goal is to become your primary source for all of your rescue supply needs. You can expect communication from us immediately after your order is placed and when your product ships. To this day, every order still receives an email from our owner personally thanking you for letting us earn your business.
WE ARE AUTHORIZED DEALERS:
Rescue-Supply.com is an authorized dealer for every brand that we carry. You can rest easy knowing you will receive the full manufacturer's warranty with every purchase.
LOOKING FOR VOLUME DISCOUNTS?:
Interested in purchasing in bulk and want to inquire about volume discounts? Send us an email at info@Rescue-Supply.com and we may be able to offer special pricing to suit your needs!
Your Information is Secure with Us!
Every transaction at Rescue-Supply.com is guaranteed to be safe and most importantly secure.
This site uses SSL encryption technology that so that you never have to worry about credit card safety.
Statistically speaking, online purchases are much safer than using your credit card at a department store or a gas station. Experts have shown that online purchases are far safer than in person credit card transactions because the information is immediately encrypted into a 128 bit, highly scrambled message that can only be decrypted by our authorized payment processors.
Still don’t want to use your credit card on the World Wide Web? We’ve got you covered! Simply call one of our friendly customer service representatives at (800) 239-1797 and we will gladly help you place your order.